The Head and Deputy Head of the Prep School like to meet all prospective parents and we encourage you to make an appointment for a tour of the school so that you can see at first hand why Aldenham is so special.
Children start in the Nursery at the age of 3.
There are two Nursery rooms, Elmer and Wilbur and a Reception class. The admissions procedure at 4+ takes the form of a playgroup activity.
The Reception Class (age 4-5) offers an excellent start to children as they begin their first year of formal schooling. Continuing to follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, the children are offered every opportunity to flourish before moving on to Year 1.
Nursery and Pre-prep are located in a dedicated building called 'Wilson House' complete with a playground and woodland area. Children benefit from excellent facilities, highly qualified staff and freshly cooked lunches on site by our own chef. Parents are updated by a weekly newsletter.
Children may be registered at any age by completing the Registration Form and paying the £100 registration fee.
If you have tried to register recently and been unsuccessful with payment - please do try again - but follow the steps below:
1. Please empty your Browser Cache and History
2. Please do not use Internet Explorer, as this is not supported by our processor (or almost any other) now. Chrome is the most secure.
3. Once you have clicked the pay/submit button - please do be patient. There is a lot happening in the background. It should process within a minute or two and should display a 'Please Wait' icon.
If you do have problems (which we sincerely hope will not be the case!) - please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. It would be really helpful if you could tell us:
1. Which device and platform you were using (eg. Apple iPhone, IOS 12, or Windows Desktop running Windows 10 etc.)
2. Which browser (eg. Mac Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc.)
3. Exactly which stage things failed and what happened.
In the September before the assessment all children and parents are invited to an 4+ Activity Afternoon. The afternoon is planned to be lots of fun with various activities and a tea party. This session gives the children the opportunity to meet other children and staff helping them to feel more at ease for when the assessment day arrives. It also is a lovely occasion for parents to meet other parents and for staff to answer any questions they may have about the assessment process.
The 4+ assessment is a play based group activity. the children are encouraged to play with each and staff. The staff carrying out the assessment are highly qualified and will encourage your child and help them feel at ease. Parents are invited for coffee while the assessment takes place
Mrs Beech 01923 851665
Mrs Turner 01923 851664
Registering does not guarantee a place, it simply places a child on the waiting list.