The Head and Deputy Head of the Prep School like to meet all prospective parents and we encourage you to make an appointment for a tour of the school so that you can see at first hand why Aldenham is so special.
Children start in the Nursery at the age of 3.
There are two Nursery rooms, Elmer and Wilbur and a Reception class. The admissions procedure at 4+ takes the form of a playgroup activity.
The Reception Class (age 4-5) offers an excellent start to children as they begin their first year of formal schooling. Continuing to follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, the children are offered every opportunity to flourish before moving on to Year 1.
Nursery and Pre-prep are located in a dedicated building called 'Wilson House' complete with a playground and woodland area. Children benefit from excellent facilities, highly qualified staff and freshly cooked lunches on site by our own chef. Parents are updated by a weekly newsletter.
Children may be registered at any age by completing the Registration Form and paying the £100 registration fee.
If you have tried to register recently and been unsuccessful with payment - please do try again - but follow the steps below:
1. Please empty your Browser Cache and History
2. Please do not use Internet Explorer, as this is not supported by our processor (or almost any other) now. Chrome is the most secure.
3. Once you have clicked the pay/submit button - please do be patient. There is a lot happening in the background. It should process within a minute or two and should display a 'Please Wait' icon.
If you do have problems (which we sincerely hope will not be the case!) - please email email@example.com and let us know. It would be really helpful if you could tell us:
1. Which device and platform you were using (eg. Apple iPhone, IOS 12, or Windows Desktop running Windows 10 etc.)
2. Which browser (eg. Mac Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc.)
3. Exactly which stage things failed and what happened.
The 4+ Assessment dates are:
Assessments take place in October of the previous academic year.
If spaces are available in Reception 2021 assessments will take place in March 2021.
The 4+ assessment is a play based activity. The children are encouraged to play and interact with the staff. Social distancing will be observed as appropriate for children of this age. The teachers who carry out the assessment will encourage your child and help them feel at ease. Parents will need to remain on site, or nearby during the assessment which will last approximately 40 minutes.
Aldenham Prep School Admissions
Registering does not guarantee a place, it simply places a child on the waiting list.